Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Book Survey!

I got the Survey from The Perpetual Page-turner
Picture made by me ^^


1. Best Book You Read In 2011? 
Alright so the best book I’ve read in 2011….well that’s hard one I’m caught between two new series that I’ve read this year that were the best books.
First one is ‘Tiger Curse’ by Collen Houck. It was new and exciting, I put it on hold for about a month and ever since I picked it up and read it I was hooked. I love the series it’s something new to see that it’s a Tiger shifter not a wolf. ‘Tiger Quest’ and ‘Tiger Voyage’ is the second and third book in the series.
The second book that was the best read of 2011 is ‘Beautiful Dark’ by Jocelyn Davies. It’s my first book to read about angels and it was great. Two guys one girl and one of them wants to kill her but you don’t know who till the end. Very great book!

2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?

The book I was really disappointed in was Afterlife by Claudia Gray. I was so annoyed by the ending of this book. This series was so great but then the last book came out and I just couldn’t believe what I was reading. She stayed a ghost and the guy stayed human not choosing to be a vampire. I’m like OMG WTF HOW CAN IT END LIKE THIS gahhhhh. I wished I liked it but I can’t I was so so disappointed.

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?

Plague (#4 of the Gone Series) was the most surprising book of 2011. This series is so different from anything I’ve ever read before. If you ever read the book lord of the flies…well this is much better the kids this time have powers and the adults are all gone leaving everyone under the age of 15 around in a small dome.  In Plague my jaw literally hit the ground when I read what went on. (Can’t spoil much XD ))

4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?
The book I would recommend to people would be 'Tiger curse series'. I've tried to get my sister to read the book and I've given a copy of the book to my best friend to read when she can. This series is the best to recommend of this year!


5.
Best series you discovered in 2011?
Best series I’ve discovered in 2011 is Nightshade, I love the series so far and the last book should be out soon. I can’t wait to read the ending to this series.

6.
Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?
My favorite new authors is Jennifer Lynn Barnes (raised by wolves) and Karen Marie Moning


7. 
Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
A new genre that I read this year that I’ve never thought I would like would be a Angel type book. With wings and everything and there is good angels and bad angels. I was surprised that I liked this series though I won’t read any others from the genre for a while probably.

8.
Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?

I guess it would be a fateful by Claudia Gray. The book took place on the Titanic stating the events that happen on the Titanic. The twist though it has Werewolves on the ship lol!!! Check it out you will love every minute of it.

 

9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?
The book that I went crazy for in 2011 waiting for it to come out is ‘Destined’ from the House of Night Series by P.C. and Kristin Cast. Yes there is lots to this series but I’m addicted.



10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?
Tiger Curse Novel is the best Cover of 2011 that I’ve read.
The reason I bought the book was first because of the cover.
I love the shiny blue cover with the tiger right in the middle.
It’s wonderfully design and I’m glad the other novels fallow
the same look.

11. Most memorable character in 2011? 
Jericho Barrons from the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning. God he is so hot and I want him and his tattoo. That’s enough from me lol!

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?
If your looking for a beautifully written book about werewolves, pick up Susan Kinard’s werewolf Romances. The way she describes her wolves is the best I’ve ever read. I can picture the wolf running exactly the way she wrote it. Her newest book that came out this year is “Code of the Wolf” and it’s just as beautifully written as the others of her series.  These romance are for older audience and isn’t good for younger teens.

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011? 
Shadow Fever by
Karen Marie Moning, the reason for it is because of how they have songs that connect to the book and that made it have a bigger impact to me.

14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read? 
Haha, the book I’ve awaited to read until 2011 was the Fever series. I bought 3 of the 4 books at the time but I didn’t bother to read it until a few months after January. I finally picked it up and read it and I just couldn’t believe I held onto it for so damn long. I couldn’t put it down once I started reading it, I then went out to grab the 4th book of the series and when I finished that I waited a month before the next and final book of the series came out. I’m so glad I read it now.

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011?
“Hope strengthens. Fear kills.”
― Karen Marie Moning, Shadowfever

16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012?
For some reason I don’t re-read Novels ever.


17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
None I can remember.

Future

1. One Book You Didn't Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012?
None read all the books I wanted lmao!!


2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?
Fear – Gone series book 5 by
Michael Grant
Fever series spin off - Karen Marie Moning
House of night book 10  by P.C. and Kristin Cast
Tiger Destiny – Tiger Curse series by
Collen Houck


3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2012?

I’m going to start Reviewing that’s what I’m going to do in 2012!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment