Monday, January 30, 2012

Eve Review



Eve
Author: Anna Carey
ISBN: 97800620
Release Date:  October 4th 2011
Format
: Paperback
Pages:
318
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Dystopia
Science Fiction, Fantasy, Post-Apocalyptic
Series:  Eve #1








Summery
The year is 2032, sixteen years after a deadly virus—and the vaccine intended to protect against it—wiped out most of the earth’s population. The night before eighteen-year-old Eve’s graduation from her all-girls school she discovers what really happens to new graduates, and the horrifying fate that awaits her.

Fleeing the only home she’s ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust...and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.

My Thoughts on the Book
For a while now, since early January I've been wanting to get a hold of this book. Every blog that I've seen this book on really liked it. I was so happy when I won a chance to get this book from the Book depository! I actually dropped a werewolf book I was reading to read this. Which is surprising because to me werewolf books come before any other genera. I was so glad though that I've read this book, it was great and surprising. I never knew what was going to be next and that's what I liked most about the series.

The Character Eve, she is just a normal girl attending school until she learn the horrible truth about it. She loves her friends and always talks about them though out the book. She's brave despite her situation in how she grew up and being mostly by herself when she meets Caleb. Caleb is such a sweet boy, the way the book describes him is that he's really cute, though I never liked a guy with dreads . . . haha. He's so a boy when he leaves Eve after a miss understanding but you can see how much he loves her when he comes back. Arden is a hard girl to understand, she hates her life and tries not to get close to anyone. Though soon you see that she slowly starts to open up to Eve and they become friends.

The plot is great, I love everything about it. With a lot of twists and turns in the story that causes you to laugh and then cry. It's a really heart retching book capturing your attention from beginning to end. It's been a while since I found a book that I finish reading it in two days, that's how good this plot was. The romance was slow and sweet and the friendships were strong though out the book. The betrayals were the worse but you love how Eve gets though it.

Cover Design

The cover design on the paper back is so great. I really do like how it shines when you hold the book a curtain way. It's like a shiny pokemon card to me when I look at it haha. Anyways I love the dystopian feel of the book seeing the grey broken down bridge fading in the background. The girl is obviously Eve but for some reason she looks like a little girl here. They could have done a better picture where the girl doesn't look so damn young but other then that the background is perfect. As for the Title of the book I love the script type feel of it. It's pretty and eye catching all good quality's for a great cover design. Having the author's name at the bottom in white also works well with the book not hindering it in any way like I've seen in other book designs.



Overall
It's a great future type of book, the adventure is great, the romance is really good. Everything about this book I would recommend to other people to read right away. It really draws you into the scenes and characters. I cried in a few parts of this book and it was really bad. You will really love this book trilogy you can count on me to pick up the next two books!



Rating
5 out of 5 Howling Wolves



No comments:

Post a Comment