Thursday, March 1, 2012

ARC Until I Die by Amy Plum Review



Until I Die
Author: Amy Plum
ISBN: 0062004042 (ISBN13: 9780062004048)
Release Date: May 8th 2012
Format :
Hardcover
Pages: 352
Genre:  Paranormal Romance, Fantasy, Young Adult
Series: Revenants #2










Summery
Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.

In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series.

My Thoughts on the Book

I think what I like most of this book is that I actually visited Paris before. Though I didn't spend a lot of time there I did get to see it. Then I saw how they visited Nice and I just freaked out. Nice is such a beautiful place. The ocean the town the hills everything was so pretty, it was my favorite place to go to when I went to Europe. Then seeing it in the book I knew what they were seeing because I went there. I was at the beach looking at the ocean, I was driving around the same tall hills they were. I'm so happy it was included in the book, I got really into the places because of it.

A BIG PLUS TO READING THE ARC IS THAT I'M DYSLEXIC AND I DON'T NOTICE ANY MISTAKES!!

I got this book a while back near the beginning of January and I won it from a author blog hop. I didn't want to read it to early and post a early review so I held back till now to read it. Where the first volume was a new and interesting and nothing I’ve read before this book took it and exploded it. I loved the plot line in this book just as much as the first book. There was so many twists and new insights to the revenants way of life. As you guessed it “Until I Die” is a big issue in this book coming up a few times and it’s quite sad. I can’t spoil it but I did find it sad how with their differences Kate and Vincent will still stay together.
Kate grows more into herself in this book liking her role in the revenants world more and more. Though sometimes she feels out of place as long as Vincent is there she would feel at home at JB house. She also is showing how much she cares about Vincent when she tries to help find a way for them to be together and not hurt Vincent at the same time. Vincent you learn lots more things about him and his role in his family. It’s surprising in how important he is which you learn why in this book and believe me you would never believe how big of a plot point in this book he is. This book had great character build up learning about Jules background on how he died. I do wish though that there was more of Jules soon hopefully in the third book.  The two new revenants joining the team Violette and Arthur, you learn that they are both old revenants and that they have knowledge about the Numa that Vincent and his family need info on. There is so many twists with those two you will be knocking your head against the wall for not thinking that could happen. I can proudly say that I’m in love with JB and Gasperd characters now because well (goes into giggling fits) I so can’t spoil it. Lets just say I’m a big fan of this genre hehe!

The romance in this book is simple and cute I love how they act with each other. There is a few dates in this book that makes me love Vincent even more. They even talk about going a bit further. Though there is lots of problems in this book so there isn’t as much romance as I thought there will be but all the same it was cute and love them together.

The plot is surprising and new, you would never expect anything to turn out the way it did at the end. First the numa have a new leader and that there hasn’t been any real activity then all of a sudden bam things start to happen. The only thing that I hate and that everyone else will hate is that there is a cliffhanger at the end! I hate it, I hate it so much since I have to wait longer then most people because I received the ARC gah! I’m going to go crazy I just hope the third book comes out soon!


Cover Design
I love it, I actually got to say I was so surprise when I open the package and this beautiful book came out. It has such a great design I was really surprise. It's a lot better then the first cover design with the swirls of white almost making it look like a butterfly wing and how it loops up around the title. It shows great movement and the photography is beautiful as well. The Title font is the same used in the first book and it's place well on top of the book. If this doesn't captures people's attention when they see it on a book shelf they must be blind.




Overall

This was a great read, I got so into it and was always surprised by what happen next. I will recommend it to everyone to diffidently pick up this series and read it!


Rating
5 out of 5 Howling Wolves


1 comment:

  1. Great review!!

    I can't wait to get hold of a copy. It is a gorgeous cover:D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete